Monday, March 14, 2011

Emilio Augustín Maffezini v. Kingdom of Spain, ICSID Case No. ARB/97/7

The Argentine claimant in Maffezini sought to avoid the requirement in the Argentina-Spain BIT that disputes first be submitted to a Spanish court and that the claimant wait 18 months after that lawsuit was filed to submit the dispute to arbitration. The claimant argued that the Chile-Spain BIT contained no such requirement and, therefore, Chilean investors in Spain received more favorable treatment to which the claimant was entitled under the MFN clause in the Argentina-Spain BIT. Spain argued that, in extending MFN privileges with respect to “all matters subject to this agreement,” the treaty parties intended to refer only to substantive investment protections, not to dispute resolution procedures provided in the BIT. Based on the broad MFN language in the Argentina-Spain BIT and relying on Ambatielos, the Maffezini tribunal concluded that “there are good reasons to conclude that today dispute settlement arrangements are inextricably related to the protection of foreign investors, as they are also related to the protection of rights of traders under treaties of commerce,” and therefore that dispute resolution procedures from one BIT could be imported into another BIT through its MFN clause.

 
Source: http://wwhttp://www.iilj.org/research/documents/IF201011.Bigge.pdfw.iilj.org/research/documents/IF2010-11.Bigge.pdf

6 comments:

  1. Finance quick loan offer amount from $3000 to $50,000,000 apply now We give out loans within 1 year to 20 years maximum repayment plan. whatspp Number +918929490461 abdullahibrahimlender@gmail.com low interest rate of 2%. Mr Abdullah Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcomed to STANDARD ONLINE FINANCE LTD we give out secured & unsecured Guarantee loans to Business Men and women who are into Business transaction standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com for more details. PLEASE SHARE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need Quick Loan to settle your bills and startup
    business? contact us now with your details to get a good
    Loan at a low rate of 2% per Annual
    Do you need Personal Finance?
    Business Cash Finance?
    Unsecured Finance
    Fast and Simple Finance?
    Quick Application Process?
    Finance. Services Rendered include,
    *Debt Consolidation Finance
    *Business Finance Services
    *Personal Finance services Help
    contact us for more information on how to get started:
    (Whats App) number:+919394133968
    please contact email id : patialalegitimate515@gmail.com
    Mr Sorina Jeffery

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO VIEWERS

    TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN $300,000.00USD FROM A FINANCE COMPANY LAST WEEK Email for immediate response: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Do you need a loan to start a business or pay your debts {Dr.Benjamin Scarlett Owen} can also help you with a legit loan offer. He Has also helped some other colleagues of mine with a loan finance. Get your Blank ATM card or CREDIT CARD deliver to your doorstep that works in all ATM machines all over the world with the help of BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM Machines or swipe, at stores and POS. they give out this cards to all interested clients worldwide, If you need a loan without cost/stress he his the right loan lender to wipe away your financial problems and crisis today. BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly via Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  6. URGENT LOAN IS AVAILABLE NOW

    TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED LOAN AMOUNT $760K FROM A RELIABLE,TRUSTED AND REGISTERED PRIVATE LOAN COMPANY LAST WEEK,BUSINESS/HOME/COMPANY/PROJECT/PERSONAL LOAN? ARE NOW AFFORDABLE HERE FOR YOU TODAY CONTACT Call/Text +1(315)256-0479 Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com

    Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my real estate business loan from PROF. MRS.DOROTHY JEAN INVESTMENTS (profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan Ranging from $5,000.00USD to $2,000,000.00USD with a low interest rate of 2% and loan duration of 1 to 33 years to pay back the loan secure and unsecured. Are you losing sleep at nights worrying how to get a Legit Loan Lender?
    MRS.DOROTHY JEAN holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Contacts Call/Text +1(315)256-0479
    Email profdorothyinvestments@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete